- myVEGAS Mobile Slots
- myVEGAS Facebook Slots
- myVEGAS Blackjack
- myVEGAS Merchandise Store
- my KONAMI Slots
- POP! Slots
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- We comply with the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework.
- GDPR and your right to access your personal data, correct your personal data, and to be forgotten.
- What is “personal data”?
- What happens if you request to be forgotten?
- What happens if you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data?
- How long will we store your personal data?
- You can also access and modify your personal data within our Applications and on Facebook.
- What information do we collect about you and why?
- What are the ways we use your information?
- We share your information with third parties.
- Things you should know about third-party links.
- Things you should know about content that you post.
- We take measures to protect your personal data.
- You can opt-out of promotional and information emails.
- Things you should know about third-party ad networks and our use of them.
- Our games are not for children under 18 (and particularly not children under 13).
- Special notice to California consumers.
- How can you contact us?
- How we make changes to this Policy.
GDPR and your right to access your personal data, correct your personal data, and to be forgotten.If you are a citizen of any country in the EU, you have certain rights regarding your personal data that are governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) adopted by the EU Parliament. If the GDPR applies to you, you have the right to access personal data that we process, request corrections to any of that data, as well as request to be forgotten. Even if the GDPR doesn’t apply to you, we are committed to providing you with the same rights you would have if it did. To receive a copy of the personal data we process, request that corrections be made to your personal data, or to request to be forgotten, please send your request by mail or email to: PLAYSTUDIOS, Inc. Attn: Privacy Department 10300 W. Charleston Blvd, Suite 13272 Las Vegas, NV 89135 privacy@PLAYSTUDIOS.com
What is “personal data”?The European Commission defines personal data as any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. Different pieces of information, which collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person, also constitute personal data. Examples of personal data include your name and surname, your email address, your mobile phone’s device ID, an IP address, and the advertising ID of your phone. Personal data that has been rendered anonymous in such a way that the individual is not or no longer identifiable is not considered personal data
What happens if you request to be forgotten?If you request to be forgotten, we will delete or anonymize your personal data such that you cannot be identified from the data that we retain, unless we have a basis to maintain it (see below “How long will we store your personal data?”). Please know, however, that if you request to be forgotten and subsequently download and play any of our Applications, none of your historical performance data will be available, meaning you will lose any virtual currency, game progress, and Loyalty Points that you had at the time your request is processed.
What happens if you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data?If you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data, we will treat your request as a request to be forgotten. We must take this action because when you play any of our Applications, whether via a mobile device or Facebook, we obtain and process personal data.
How long will we store your personal data?We will store your personal data no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which your personal data is processed. If you submit a request to be forgotten, we will either delete or anonymize your personal data unless we have a legal obligation to continue to store the personal data, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim. For example, if you have made purchases within any of our Applications, or redeemed a Reward, we may store your personal data for as long the statute of limitations for making a claim relating to that purchase or redemption. If you have indicated in any way that you believe you have a dispute with us, we may store your personal data at least until that dispute is resolved. We may store anonymized data indefinitely. We maintain this type of data to compare performance of our Site, our Applications and our Services over past periods, to analyze current performance, to measure player activity over time, and for other business uses.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
Information We Collect Directly From You and As You Play Our Games.Certain areas and features of the Applications require registration, such as to accumulate, purchase and redeem Loyalty Points, Virtual Items and Rewards, and to post any User Content. To register, you must create an account with PLAYSTUDIOS by accessing our Applications through your Facebook account. You may earn Loyalty Points as you visit our Applications, and we will keep track of your Loyalty Points. If you choose to purchase a Reward with your Loyalty Points, we will collect your name and email address in order to process your Reward. We also collect data about your play activity on our Applications, including what games you play, your spins, game play outcomes, your use of virtual chips, game progress, quest progress, and participation in special events or offers.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
- Third Party Cookies. We may also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable Site data. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze Site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. This Policy does not cover such third parties’ use of the data.
Information we collection for analytics purposes.We use automated devices and applications, such as Google Analytics or Facebook Insights, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, in our Applications. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services and user experiences.
How We Use Your Information.We use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services.
- To respond to your inquiries.
- To fulfill your orders, facilitate redemption of Rewards, and for other customer service purposes.
- To track your play activity and progress in our games.
- To provide personal hosted services to you.
- To track Application crash events.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site, Applications, or our Services.
- Where permitted by law, and in accordance with Facebook’s applicable terms and conditions, for marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to email you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you.
- To assist in determining where to advertise our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services, analyze player traffic and activity, respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- If you installed one of our Applications because you viewed a mobile ad, we will use information to identify the third-party ad network that displayed the mobile ad for us.
- We also may post to your Facebook Wall, access posts in your news feeds, and access your Facebook data when you are not logged into Facebook. We will use and access this information for the purposes described in this section and as discussed below.
- As required or permitted by law.
How We Share Your Information.We may share the information that we receive from you, including personally identifiable information, as follows:
- Facebook Friends. Your username and profile picture will be visible to all other PLAYSTUDIOS users, regardless of whether they are your Facebook friends. In addition, when you join PLAYSTUDIOS, if you grant request to post on your Wall under settings, a notification will be visible on your Facebook page telling your friends that you have started using PLAYSTUDIOS. The PLAYSTUDIOS Facebook application will also be visible on your Facebook page under “applications.”
- PLAYSTUDIOS Users. Your username and any information that you post to PLAYSTUDIOS, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, scores, participation in the game, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all other PLAYSTUDIOS users.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena, or to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To Protect PLAYSTUDIOS and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which PLAYSTUDIOS is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.