myCAUSE Charitable Foundation – Empathon Filmmakers’ Grant
Supporting the next generation of creators, the myCAUSE Charitable Foundation is giving female filmmakers a voice to tell stories about the people and organizations who serve, support and lift the communities in which we live, work and play. The Empathon Filmmakers’ Grant is dedicated to encouraging diversity in filmmaking by providing mentorship and creating a platform for young women to showcase their skills.
Grant funding will be provided for the following:
- $10,000 for Production Costs
- $1,000 for Film Festival Application Fees
Who Can Apply
- Currently enrolled in high school or college in Southern Nevada
- Recent college graduate (graduating Spring of 2019 or later)
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Team must consist of a producer, director and cinematographer (all who identify as female) and meet the above criteria
A documentary, 15-20 minutes in length. Deliverables will include marketing materials such as trailers and other social media videos.
Description of the Film
Film must profile the Las Vegas organization, Positively Arts and explore the following questions:
- How does Positively Arts build confidence and resilience in kids?
- How does Positively Arts create a safe space for their students?
- How do the arts unify us?
- How does encouraging artistic discovery help a child grow and overcome struggles?
- How does learning through play engage the human mind in a better way?
View Background Materials
January 31, 2022
Complete Your Application
Using this Application Link, please upload the following:
- A bio for the producer, director and cinematographer that includes contact information, school and graduation year
- Sample work
- Treatment: what is your team’s vision for how you’ll tell the story? Give both an overview of the story and the artistic approach.
Applications will be reviewed by February 28, 2022. Grant recipient will be notified by March 1, 2022. Filming is expected to begin right after. Target date for film completion is August 1, 2022.
Filmmakers will have periodic access to equipment including camera, lights, audio plus editing software on Premiere Pro and professional mentorship to aid in the making of this film.